Telecom and IT translation services
Competing in the globalized IT marketplace
IT and software are ubiquitous in today’s globalized world, playing a major part in the operations of almost every industry. They serve businesses both large and small. The market and its products have matured, and platforms are now easier to use than ever before. However, they are powered by increasingly complex, sophisticated technology. The major challenges for IT and software companies are to compete successfully with many keen rivals and achieve product differentiation in a crowded marketplace.
Opportunities and challenges presented by easier global distribution
Nonetheless, thanks largely to the internet, IT and software are arguably the most globalized of all industries. This presents both a plethora of opportunities and also a number of obstacles. You have to seize the opportunities and master the challenges to achieve maximum profitability and create fruitful relations with global customers. This involves:
Delivering frequent new product enhancements and features on a global scale
New non-physical distribution methods (e.g. internet downloads and web-based apps) afford shorter release cycles based on continuous refreshment of technology. IT and software companies have developed systems (such as Agile and Scrum) for handling the dynamic development processes required, but localizing this rapidly changing content is a different challenge.
- simultaneous shipment (SimShip) of original and localized application versions. This accelerates time to market and return on investment (ROI).
- engaging global customers more successfully.
The way to do this is by tailoring interactions to local languages, cultures, and needs. Controlling customer support and development costs will create greater profitability.
The power of global digital telecommunications
The pace of the telecommunications industry in terms of product innovation and demands has never been faster. New trends appear almost monthly, delivered straight to consumers in the form of social networks, teleworking, VOiP, online training, and more. Dynamic solutions are replacing traditional products, while the convergence of voice and data communications is bringing in new ways for customers to interact with each other. The market has also opened up like never before. Many systems have been commercialized in many countries. And accelerated globalization has created new markets and new market players.
Competing through greater innovation and efficiency
It takes more than product innovation to succeed in this market. Tough industry challenges have to be met to maximize profitability. Which means winning global customers, who are able to choose from a vast range of services and products.
- Innovating effectively: you have to invest heavily to achieve faster product launches and implement innovative, more efficient systems throughout your global operations. These systems could involve call center technologies, data mining, or planning software. Sophisticated, cost-efficient localization of your platforms and systems will increase your operational effectiveness.
- Meeting regulations in many languages: national and international regulations require telecommunications companies to adapt their services and systems to local infrastructures. For example, in the EU, all user documentation, warranty texts, and manufacturer’s statements have to be prepared in the local languages of all the relevant Member States. To conform with anti-trust laws, every strategic agreement also has to be translated and filed to national anti-trust commissions in the local languages. Taking all this in your stride requires a highly capable translation partner.
- Connecting products to global audiences: effective communication with local authorities and employees, clients, partners and suppliers from many cultures also depends on complex content. This has to be adapted to meet local legal provisions and cultural preferences. You need efficient management of your content so it can be rapidly reused in new products and readily available to customers.
CPSL is your partner in navigating the challenges of localizing rapidly changing content
CPSL supports you with internationalizing your products and simplifying your localization process. We provide expert services for your specific needs:
- Leveraging superior results: we are experienced in the distinct workflows for localizing the user interfaces of your products, technical documentation, and help files. We will help you coordinate and leverage these to achieve optimum cost-efficiency, quality of final product, and time to market.
- Guiding you to success: expert units for internationalization, localization, and testing smoothly handle each phase of your project. Our teams of continuously-trained localization engineers, software engineers, testers, graphic designers, programmers, and linguists are able to work with multiple platforms in multiple environments as well as solve encoding issues.
- Commitment to the finished product: through consultation and in-depth analysis, CPSL adapts to the way you work. We support you with the tasks you need help with. We work alongside you to ensure that all localized versions of the final product operate as expected: functionally, linguistically, and culturally.
- Integrating with your systems: CPSL will operate as an extension of your own teams. We have the experience and in-house tools and applications to work seamlessly with your CMS.
- Expertise you can count on: our experience shows in the quality of our work. We have executed hundreds of translation and localization projects for global IT and software clients. There are producers of hardware, operating systems, large-scale ECR and CRM systems, anti-virus apps and electronic test and measurement instruments among them. CPSL provides you with accurate and excellent translations.
Find out more. The CPSL team is here to help you.