Smart Machine Translation: Harness the full potential of AI for your projects
When fast delivery is the top priority, artificial intelligence applied to translation is the ideal solution
Artificial intelligence (AI) applied to translation may be the best alternative for translating content which couldn’t otherwise be translated due to costs, deadlines, volume or any other reason.
When machine translation is used, the draft version is created very quickly, which can mean increased productivity and a corresponding reduction in costs for companies in comparison to standard translation processes.
With machine translation, the quality of the final output can be tailored to suit each project’s specific requirements, avoiding unnecessary cost overruns. Material that only needs to be understandable at a basic level, user-generated content, chatbots, product descriptions, internal communications and tender documents that need to be understood for the purpose of taking decisions are just some examples of what smart machine translation can do for you. There is no single, universal solution. At CPSL, we can advise you on the system and process best suited to your individual needs, taking into account all of the available options and, in particular, the latest advances in artificial intelligence involving neural MT engines, which enable amazingly fluent translations to be produced.
Our MT experts have participated in several conferences on language technologies.
For more insight into this field, here are some examples of the presentations and papers produced.
- TC40 Asling (November 2018). Presentation and paper included in the proceedings: “From a Discreet Role to a Co-Star: The Post-Editor Profile Becomes Key in the PEMT Workflow for an Optimal Outcome”.
- GALA Munich 2019. Presentation: “Thoughts on machine translation: Interactive discussion about MT intricacies in the translation and localization industry”.
- TC41 Asling (November 2019). Joint presentation with Kirill Soloviev, CEO at ContentQuo, and paper included in the proceedings: “MT Evaluation in Translation Quotations at CPSL with ContentQuo” (paper included in the proceedings).
- TC42 Asling (November 2020). Presentation: “NMT plus a bilingual glossary: does this really improve terminology accuracy and consistency?”
- AMTA Virtual 2020 (The 14th Conference of the Association for Machine Translation in the Americas). The presentation included in the proceedings: “In search of an acceptability/unacceptability threshold in machine translation post-editing automated metrics”.
- MT Summit Virtual 2021 (The 18th Biennial Machine Translation Summit). Joint presentation with Viveta Gene: “A Common Machine Translation Post-Editing Training Protocol by GALA”.
- TC43 Asling (November 2021). Joint workshop with Viveta Gene: “Workshop: Drafting effective machine translation post-editing guidelines”.
Download our basic guide on how to make use of the best that AI has to offer in your translation projects.
Smart MT Whitepaper
Find out how to harness the full potential of artificial intelligence for your companyRead it now!
Let’s talk about your company’s next online course todayWhat are you waiting for?
Commitment to quality in our multilingual solutionsQuality
What can we help you with?Talk to an expert
The finishing touch
When the required level of attention to detail and accuracy is high and when the consistency and quality of machine-translated texts have to be improved, CPSL proposes post-editing as a complement to our translation services. Our expert post-editors review machine-translated documents and enrich them using specific terminology.
All of your content, in writing
When you need a written version of a recording, video, interview or presentation, the best option is a digital transcript, especially if an audiovisual translation of the content will be required later. Our specialist linguists use technological tools to help them produce correct, faithful and accurate transcriptions of a variety of content, preserving accents and dialects.
Striving to achieve the desired impact
Need some ad copy translated? Would you like your message to illicit the same reaction anywhere, regardless of the culture of the target audience? At CPSL, we know that a good advertising translation is a creative piece that distances itself from the original text and successfully reaches all types of audiences in any language.