Speech-to-Text Technology: Streamline your business meetings minutes and your audiovisual content with user-friendly Transcription
An increasing number of businesses is starting to use speech technology to convert meetings, calls and generic audio into translated or transcribed texts in the blink of an eye. What is exactly happening in speech-to-text projects, how are calls and conferences transformed into text, and what is the real potential of these tools for companies relying on spoken content?
It is no mystery that businesses of any sector are not only getting more interested in automatic transcription but also increasingly involved in developing tools able to convert speech into an accurate text translation within an extremely short space of time. Automatic speech recognition (ASR), an area of research for over 60 years, allows machines to recognise and understand speech to turn it into the corresponding written text or command.
From the recent literature, we have learned that speech recognition and automation are among the top areas in which many companies currently invest. Evidence of this lies in the recent interest of machine translation and speech-to-text translation providers in:
- multilingual voice assistants
- simultaneous or real-time speech translation
- the use of AI to manage different needs, such as conversational AI (bots), the control of user-generated content in gaming and social media, customer management, and sentiment analysis in customer service.
- Live captioning (generally combined with simultaneous interpreting and automatic transcription at events. Captions are generated in real time, as events take place, to make the spoken word accessible to everyone, including people with impaired hearing).
Speech-to-Text technology in particular gives companies the opportunity to capture all audio data for conversion into a written format that can match the audio or provide a rapid summary of it. In some sectors, such as legal, it is already common practice to provide transcripts of recordings in trials as evidence. This audio can be taken from:
- meetings and working groups
- telephone calls
- board of directors’ meetings
- voice-over and multimedia content (videos and other media)
The use of these applications is now also becoming prominent in the marketing, banking, and medical industries to mention just a few.
Some of the benefits of speech technology can significantly move the needle in regard to the time we spend on some of our daily activities. Companies that rely on audio transcription can reap benefits in terms of:
- Time. Accurate transcripts happen almost in real time, leading to significant time savings.
- Costs. The technology relies on machines and the result is perfected by humans.
- Versatility. Many formats are convertible into translated text, including video transcription and real time subtitling.
- Ease of use. AI and NLP technologies provide a hassle-free customer experience.
- Confidence and Quality. The entire process is well-tested and guarantees spotless deliverables.
- Accessibility. Speech technology is important as it can be used to facilitate processes and access in general, but especially in cases of disability. Participants/attendees with impaired hearing can also access the content covered in these lectures, calls, speeches, videos, and podcasts in person or remotely.
Tailormade speech-to-text for Public Institutions
CPSL recently developed a speech-to-text platform, CPSL Transcript, a web app that acts as a bridge between original audio and final text. The platform was personalised in order to satisfy the particular needs of clients, and in our Case Study we explain, as an example, how it has been used for a Public Administration client to provide transcriptions with the desired level of quality at a lower cost.
We rely on a large pool of specialists with a high level of expertise that can manage work and respect deadlines whilst providing the utmost quality. Always bear in mind that transcriptions, like any other type of language and multimedia work, reflect your image as a company. If you use resources that pay attention to detail, know how to manage cultural differences and provide spotless multilingual content, you will demonstrate your reliability as a business partner, client, and employer.
We are committed to providing super-fast, accurate and secure speech-to-text services, powered by robots/computers and perfected by people. Contact us to learn more about how CPSL can convert your audio into flawless translated texts.
How to successfully conduct multilingual EWC meetings anywhere with remote interpreting technology (RIT)
Smart MT Whitepaper
Find out how to harness the full potential of artificial intelligence for your companyRead it now!
Let’s talk about your company’s next online course todayWhat are you waiting for?
The road to optimisation: innovation and leading-edge solutions for our customersTechnology
Commitment to quality in our multilingual solutionsQuality
Tailor-made solutions with a human touchSuccess stories
What can we help you with?Talk to an expert